The benefits and detriments of Electric vs. Manual toothbrushes
Toothbrushes have been in the use since the 1930s when they surfaced in the market. Manufacture companies have been coming up with modern designed tooth brushes and several upgrades have been added to ensure that they function perfectly. The modern Electric toothbrushes are gaining a lot of popularity as people continue to embrace modernity and technology of our times. Critics have been coming up with various arguments and facts about the whole debate between Electric v Manual toothbrushes with some feeling that their pros and cons determine greatly the oral care of many users who may not know more about their functionalities and effectiveness when their oral care is concerned.
These two types of toothbrushes share some common features, designs and functionalities. While there are those who will prefer maintaining the traditional manual toothbrush which has been in the market for many years, some will prefer the electric toothbrush. A look at their pros and cons will ultimately give the naked truth about their functionality and perfection. We take this opportunity to highlight on these factors so that you are well familiar of the right make that will ensure that you maintain a perfect shiny smile as you feel highly elevated, smart and cute all the times. It’s important to maintain white Teeth and ensure that you feel smart and rejuvenated all time.
Pros of Manual tooth brush
• It is easy to travel with. You only need to pack it in a tooth brush case and you are set to go.
• Cost effective. No budgeting for expensive electric toothbrush since you have to change a toothbrush after every 3 months.
• No technicalities and skills on how to handle and operate.
• Perfectly cleans teeth as long as you maintain proper technique. Brushing only takes 2 minutes.
• Multiple toothbrush styles, different colors to choose and bristles. You can choose soft bristles if you have sensitive type of gums and there are those designed with smaller head for small mouth.
Cons of Manual toothbrush
• Involves more manual work while using.
• Has no perfect timing and it’s impossible to know if you have brushed enough.
Pros of Electric Tooth Brush
• Less work and gives out better results. Perfectly removes plaque and gingivitis.
• Easy to operate. You simply place the electric tooth brush at 45 degree angle and it does the work smartly.
• Has a built in timer. Stops immediately after 2 minutes of use.
• Good for children. Children who do not like brushing their teeth regularly will find this one more enjoyable.
Cons for Electric toothbrush
• Charging. You will have to charge your toothbrush in order to use or replace it.
• Costly. When compared with the manual one, electric toothbrushes are costly.
• They are easy to spoil. When it falls down, it can easily break and therefore calls for careful handling.
• Not good while traveling. They are somehow bulky and won’t be good for use while going for a journey or a place without electricity.
All these are the pros and cons that raise the whole debate of the Electric v Manual toothbrushes to a higher level. It is important to know the perfect one that meets your taste and preferences.